Cassandra Hayes

Cassandra Hayes
Cassie

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

April 5th 2010 - Readings! Readings! Readings!

Wow, I seem to be reading the same things over and over and nothing seems to be sinking in all that well. I am finding it difficult to synthesis the readings and apply them to my own experiences as a teacher and my work in the library! HELP!
What is a teacher librarian? With so many readings and many ways in which to answer I have only a few words to say! If the teacher librarian doesn’t understand their position how can we expect anyone else to?
The lack of a "clear role definition" and as you say, "often classroom teachers have been confused about what should occur in library sessions and who should be the main organiser of these sessions". To make matters worse, as a new TL, I didn't have a clear idea either, and despite scouring procedure and policy manuals for clues - there was little guidance to be found!
The TL is changing roles when it comes to RBL. They must move from their own traditional role of ‘how to find stuff, and place greater emphasis on how to extract, process, and use information’. Haycock, C. (1991).

No comments:

Post a Comment