Cassandra Hayes

Cassandra Hayes
Cassie

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

May 22nd 2010 - Conversations with the Principal...

Wow what a week! I have spent a few weeks off work but am still in contact with school, as I have to take my daughter there and pick her up daily. So, what a surprise, to be called into the principal’s office. I am pleased to say that my principal was extremely happy with my final copy of a proposed school library policy! She was very impressed with the research that had gone into it and the professionalism of the final draft. She took the policy to the executive team for their input and reflection. I was informed that the policy needed a little tweaking and input from the powers that be then it is going to be the official policy for collection within our Library! Yippee! The only thing I wished now was that I was not off sick and was able to deliver the policy outline to the executive staff myself. Oh well, when I have finally made the changes and had them approved I know I will be able to deliver the policy to the whole staff in a more informed and assertive way as I now understand my role and the function of the library in a deeper context.

No comments:

Post a Comment